Michigan residents age 25 and older who don’t yet have a college degree are eligible for free tuition to complete an associate degree or a skill certificate program at Kellogg Community College through the state’s new Michigan Reconnect program.
Eligible students must:
- Be at least 25 years old when you apply
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
Applicants must complete four steps to receive the Michigan Reconnect scholarship for use at KCC:
- Apply online for Michigan Reconnect. Click here to apply on the Michigan Reconnect website. The application takes less than five minutes to complete!
- Apply to KCC. To apply, fill out our free application online at kellogg.edu/apply or set up an appointment with an admissions rep via the form linked below. (Note: If you’re already a KCC student, this step is completed.)
- Submit your FAFSA. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for students seeking financial aid provided by the federal government. Visit kellogg.edu/fafsa for details or contact the KCC Financial Aid office at 269-965-4123 or [email protected] for assistance.
- Enroll in an eligible program and start classes. You must be in school at least half time and stay enrolled continuously through graduation. Half-time students at KCC must take at least six credit hours per semester.
Note: Students enrolling at and attending their local, in-district community college will be able to pursue their degree tuition-free, meaning they won’t have to pay for tuition, contact hours or mandatory fees out of pocket. Students who enroll in a community college outside of their district will need to pay the difference after the in-district tuition cost is subtracted.
FINANCIAL AID QUICK LINKS
- Financial Aid Home
- Emergency Resources
- FAFSA Application Process
- FAFSA Verification Process
- Financial Aid Award Types
- Financial Aid COVID Support
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Notifications
- Michigan Reconnect
- Retaining Financial Aid Eligibility
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Special Financial Aid Circumstances
- Student Advisory Board
- Veterans Benefits & Resources