Academic advisors and success coaches help students attain their educational goals by providing information, encouragement and the necessary tools to navigate the registration process. Students are expected to play an active role in their educational journey; to assist students through this process, academic advisors rely on an educational plan and/or a transfer guide to empower students to become self-directed learners through their educational journey.
Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Academic Advising prior to coming to campus; appointments are available in-person, via phone and virtually. Contact a member of our full-time Academic Advising staff via the contact information below or contact the Academic Advising office directly at 269-965-4124 or [email protected]. Current students can schedule an appointment by accessing Starfish, accessible via in the Bruin Portal.
Together, students and advisors will:
- Navigate the college experience (view our Glossary of KCC Terms)
- Interpret assessment scores
- Go over information about academic programs at KCC
- Cover the registration process, including drop/add/withdraw
- Select appropriate courses
- Go over graduation requirements
- Navigate the transfer process
- Interpret KCC’s Academic Catalog and explain College policies and procedures as outlined in the Student Handbook
- Identify and access career resources
- Seek the appropriate College resources
Students can utilize our Program Planning Sheet to stay on track with their certificate or degree program.