KCC FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The KCC Foundation is no longer accepting scholarship applications for the Fall 2022 through Spring 2023 semesters. The priority deadline for most scholarships was March 1, 2022, with an extended deadline of July 31, 2022. Those who applied between March and July can expect to be notified of their scholarship status the week of August 22, 2022.
Applications for 2023-2024 will open in mid-December.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!
Welcome to Kellogg Community College! Whether you are working toward an associate degree, certificate or transfer credits, KCC offers programs and scholarships designed to help you succeed. The majority of scholarship funds are awarded during the spring prior to the start of a new academic year. Therefore funds may be limited or not available for summer semester or at other times in the year.
A variety of scholarships are available through the KCC Foundation to students based on financial need, academic achievement and/or field of study. These scholarships are funded by generous contributions from individuals, businesses and organizations. Scholarships provide varying amounts of financial support.
Please note: Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, books and/or required course supplies*. Scholarships cannot be used at a different college or university**. Unused awards will not be refunded. Dependents of KCC employees are not eligible for Gold Key, Board of Trustees or Special Criteria KCC Foundation Scholarships.
* Some scholarships may have additional restrictions. **Transfer scholarships are an exception.
KCC Foundation scholarships include:
- Board of Trustees Scholarships
- Field of Study/General Scholarships
- Gold Key Scholarships
- Nurse Aide Certification Testing Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
Additional Scholarship Information
- View our list of scholarships organized by program of study.
- View our KCC Foundation Scholarships Presentation for more information about KCC Foundation scholarships.
- View our list of Scholarship Application Questions.
- View our Frequently Asked Questions About Scholarships.
Scholarship Application Process
To apply for a scholarship, you may:
- Be a new or returning student
- Be a full-time or part-time student
- Reside in or out of district
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (while this is highly encouraged, it is not required to apply for KCC Foundation scholarships)
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have an admission application on file with the KCC Admissions Office (be sure to allow the Admissions Office a few days to process). A KCC username and password is required to submit a scholarship application. Please note: If you are currently a dual-enrolled student, you will still need to apply for admission to KCC.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (some scholarships require a GPA higher than 2.0).
- If you have below a 2.0 GPA, you may be considered for scholarships if you have a letter of recommendation from a KCC faculty member, counselor or financial aid staff member.
Here is the application process:
- Visit Academic Works to apply.
- When finished filling out the application, click submit at the bottom and make sure your application is complete. This will submit your application for consideration for all the scholarship opportunities you are eligible for.
- Click the “Opportunities” tab at the top of the page and see if there are any additional recommended scholarships. If there are, complete those additional questions to be considered for even more scholarships.
Changes to Existing Scholarship
If you have received a scholarship for the current academic year and need to request a change to your scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Access Etrieve Forms (by clicking the Etrieve Forms link, or navigating there from the KCC Portal) and select Forms.
- To update the KCC Foundation on a change in your status (full time to part time, part time to full time, or a change of your program of study) complete the form “FND – Request for Change in Status”
- To request that your scholarship be changed to first-dollar (meaning it will pay out before other aid), complete the form “FND – Request First Dollar Scholarship”
- To shift your scholarship from one semester to another (can only be done within one academic year: Fall-Spring-Summer), complete the form “FND – Application to Transfer Scholarship.”
Please note: not all requests can be granted. Monitor your KCC email to see if your request has been approved or denied.
The KCC Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in its selection of scholars.