Kellogg Community College’s Financial Aid Office is centrally located in the Hub Enrollment Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek. The office can be reached at 269-965-4123 (phone), 269-966-4089 (fax) and [email protected].
Please note: The Financial Aid Office will provide the majority of communications via the Financial Aid Self Service System through the Bruin Portal and also via KCC student email. Please become familiar with how to access your email.
Regular Office Walk-in Hours
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fridays (September-April)
- 9 a.m. to noon Fridays (August)
Please note: Friday hours: (May 12, and May 26 the College is open 9 a.m. to noon). The Financial Aid Office will be closed Friday, May 19 for division-wide training.
The Financial Aid Office is closed Fridays in June and July.
Services available in the Financial Aid Office:
- Get assistance with completing the FAFSA
- Ask questions about scholarships or how to apply
- Discuss your current financial aid status
- Speak with the Certifying Veteran Affairs Official/Representative
- Understand your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status
- Speak with a Financial Aid Representative
Applying for Financial Aid
All students seeking financial aid to pay for college should begin by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Applications for financial aid should be received at least 60 days prior to the first enrollment semester each year to guarantee eligible funds for the start of that semester.
Submitting Required Documentation
Completed and signed verification documents can be submitted to our office virtually by taking a photo of your documentation and submitting in jpg, png or pdf format by email to [email protected] or by faxing to 269-966-4089. Documentation can also be submitted in person in the Hub Enrollment Center. There is also a dropbox located at the Student Center entrance for documents submitted before or after our regular hours. Documents may also be mailed to:
Kellogg Community College
Financial Aid Office
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017
For more information on retaining your financial aid, view our Financial Aid Quick Reference Guide. For information regarding our financial aid policies, view our Financial Aid Complete Reference Guide.
Upcoming Financial Aid Deadlines
- 3/31/23: Fall Priority Processing Deadline (ALL docs submitted)
- 11/03/23: Fall SAP Appeal Deadline
- 11/17/23: Fall/Spring Loan Request Deadline
- 10/20/23: Spring Priority Processing Deadline
- 4/03/24: Spring SAP Appeal Deadline
- 4/14/24: Spring-only Loan Request Deadline
Financial Aid & Textbooks
Textbooks will be available in the Bruin Bookstore prior to the beginning of each semester. Students are able to apply or charge their book cost to their awarded financial aid. The LAST day financial aid students may charge their books to their financial aid are:
- Fall 2023: 9/22/2023
- Spring 2024: 2/09/2024
Refund Payment Dates
All loans that are awarded for the fall and spring semesters will be split into multiple disbursements. If you have been awarded a fall and spring loan, your loan will be split into four equal disbursements, two in the fall and two in the spring.
- 6/09/23: Summer refund for grants, scholarships, and first half of loans
- 6/23/23: Summer refund for first half of summer first-time loan borrower loans
- 6/30/23: Summer refund for second half of all loans
- 9/22/23: Fall refund for grants & scholarships
- 10/06/23: Fall refunds for first half of fall first-time loan borrower loans
- 10/27/23: Fall refund for second half of all loans
- 02/16/24: Spring refund for grants, scholarships, and first half of loans
- 02/23/24: Spring refund for 1st half of first-time borrowers loans
- 03/08/24: Spring refund for 2nd half of ALL loans
REMINDER: Electronic deposits of financial aid refunds may take three to five business days to be processed and deposited into the bank accounts designated by students.
Financial Aid Contacts
FINANCIAL AID QUICK LINKS
- Cost of Attendance
- Financial Aid Home
- FAFSA Application Process
- FAFSA Verification Process
- Financial Aid Award Types
- Financial Aid Support
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Notifications
- Michigan Reconnect
- Retaining Financial Aid Eligibility
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Special Financial Aid Circumstances
- Student Advisory Board
- Veterans Benefits & Resources
Net Price Calculator
This calculator estimates the net price of attendance at an institution (defined as cost of attendance minus grant and scholarship aid) based on what similar students paid in a previous year.