Kellogg Community College is committed to supporting student’s academic success and personal development. The KCC Counseling Center offers a variety of services to help students succeed in their academic, professional, and personal goals. Counseling is a collaborative experience in which you, the client, works alongside a professionally trained counselor to understand your behaviors, thoughts and feelings and use this information to develop strategies to overcome challenges in your life.
Students seek out support at the KCC Counseling Center for a variety of reasons:
- Mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, stress, transition difficulties, gender and identity issues, trauma, perfectionism, relationship issues, suicidal thoughts, intimate partner violence and sexual assault.
- Academic concerns like organization, time management, stress management, and academic support.
- Career concerns, including assessing goals and interests, exploring learning styles and academic strengths, and understanding compatibility of personal preferences and career goals.
- Disability concerns, including accessing community services, available accommodations, career planning and support regarding a disability diagnosis
To Make An Appointment
Appointments can be made via:
- In-person by stopping by the Student Center
- Over the phone by calling (269-441-2428)
- Via email at [email protected]
- Via Starfish
Meet the Staff
David Wier, MA, LPC, NCC
Hello! My name is David and I am one of the counselor’s at KCC’s Counseling Center. Counseling is a great resource available to students at KCC to help them manage their busy lives, explore their future, and pursue their personal wellness. I want to help you make the most of your time here at KCC!
Lindsey Thomas, LMSW
Hi, my name is Lindsey Thomas and I am one of the counselors in the KCC Counseling Center. I am available to meet with students who are interested in exploring counseling services during their time at KCC. During counseling sessions, you can expect to receive non-judgmental support, learn new ways to cope with challenges, and discuss goals for your future all within a private and confidential setting. I hope to provide a safe and comfortable space for you to access the mental health assistance that will help you to succeed.
- Job & Career Accelerator
- Kellogg Community College’s Career Investigation Guide
- O∗Net OnLine
- Personality Testing
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Center for Student Success
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Emergency Resources
- Financial Aid
- Morris Library
- Student Life
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Technology Help Desk
- Testing Services
- Transfer Information