Kellogg Community College’s new Retail Management Certificate Program consists of eight courses totaling 26 credit hours that can be completed in as little as two semesters.
Required Retail Management Certificate program courses are:
- ACCO 101: General Accounting
- BUAD 101: Introduction to Business
- BUAD 132: Human Resources Management
- BUAD 251: Principles of Marketing
- BUAD 274: Organizational Behavior
- BUAD 275: Principles of Retail Management
- OIT 130: Office Procedures/Keyboarding 1
- OIT 161: Microsoft Office Application Software
Instruction consists of hands-on, work-based learning experiences in areas focused on daily business operations in the retail environment. Subjects studied in the program include:
- Types of retailers
- Consumer buying behaviors
- Pricing strategies
- Marketing and financial strategies
- Retail information systems
- Supply chain management
- How to determine where to place a retail store
- How to maximize retail floor space
- How to buy merchandise properly
KCC has partnered with three community retailers — Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity and Kohl’s — to offer students project-based learning experiences at each retailer. Retail Management students can earn their service-learning certification by completing 15 hours of civic engagement at Goodwill and/or Habitat for Humanity.
Advising & Transfer
View transfer guides outlining opportunities for students looking to transfer their KCC credits to a four-year institution. Contact Academic Advising at 269-965-4124 or [email protected] to schedule an appointment to plot a personal transfer plan.