WORKFORCE & TRAINING GRANTS
Workforce Solutions administers various workforce training grants for employers growing and upskilling their workforce, including those below. For information about how to access workforce and training grant funding, contact us at 269-565-2828 or [email protected].
Michigan New Jobs Training Program
The Michigan New Jobs Training Program is a contract-training reimbursement program developed by the Michigan Community College Association and administered through Michigan community colleges. MNJTP is available to employers creating new full-time jobs in the state, and it can provide flexible funding to meet a variety of training and employee development needs. A wide range of training can be covered, from highly specialized/customized training to basic skills instruction, including:
- Adult basic education and job-related instruction
- Developmental, readiness and remedial education
- Vocational and skill assessment services and testing
- Subcontracted services with public universities and colleges in Michigan, private colleges or universities or any federal, state or local departments or agencies
- Contracted professional services
- Training that happens at the company site, delivered by the employer’s corporate trainers
Funds to cover the costs of training are attained through a diversion of state withholding taxes generated by the wages of eligible new positions and deposited into a training account at the college. Businesses can gain a competitive edge through virtually cost-free training of their new employees.
For more information about MNJTP funding, visit the MNJTP Overview page on the MCCA website.
Going PRO Talent Fund
The Going Pro Talent Fund is a workforce training grant program administered through Michigan Works! Southwest. The program provides competitive grant awards for the development and implementation of employer-responsive training that enhances skills, productivity and employment retention, while increasing the quality and competitiveness of Michigan’s businesses.
For more information on how the Going Pro Talent Fund can benefit your company, visit the Going PRO Talent Fund page on the Michigan Works! Southwest website.