MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
The Music Program Area at Kellogg Community College actively recruits student musicians whose talent and need qualify them for scholarships specific to music. KCC Music Scholarships are awarded to full- and part-time students who hold the requisite grade-point average and pass the music scholarship audition process.
Music Scholarship Information
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Requirements for Consideration
Music Scholarships are granted on a year-to-year basis. To be considered for a Music Scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete an application two weeks prior to the scheduled audition date. For additional information, contact Dr. Gerald Case-Blanchard at 269-565-7859.
- Have a high school or KCC GPA of 1.5 or higher.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an applied, choir, band or drama teacher.
- Audition on one of the posted audition dates.
- Take at least one applied or ensemble course per semester they are awarded the scholarship.
Available Music-Based Scholarships
KCC offers the following Music Scholarships:
- Ensemble (Choral or Band) Scholarship (must be in a music ensemble)
- Music Department Scholarship
- Performing Arts Scholarship
- Wilda E. Brown Piano Scholarship
- William Brown Music Memorial Scholarship (guitar)
- Marie E. Billeter Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Guido A. and Elizabeth H. Binda Scholarship for Fine & Performing Arts
- Al Brown Memorial Scholarship for the Performing Arts
- Visual & Performing Arts Department Scholarship
Music Scholarship Audition Requirements
Music Scholarship audition requirements are as follows:
- Vocalists: Two musical selections of contrasting style, language and period. One must be of the classical repertoire (aria, Italian art song, lieder or chanson) performed by memory with an accompanist.
- Instrumentalists: Two contrasting solo pieces, one a fast and technical composition and the second a slower and more expressive composition.
- Pianists: Two works from memory that represent contrasting periods and styles of music.
Music Scholarship auditions are open to current, returning and new students interested in studying music, taking applied lessons or performing in one of KCC’s choirs or bands. Advanced registration/scheduling is required by calling 269-565-7859 or emailing Dr. Gerald Case-Blanchard at [email protected]. The next audition date is to be announced.
- Your completed application must be submitted on or before your scheduled audition date.
- You must provide your own accompanist. If you wish to use our staff pianist, you must submit your music via email at least one week in advance of your scheduled performance. There is a $10 fee to use our faculty accompanist, which must be paid at the time of service. Email a copy of your musical score to [email protected] or drop it off at the Arts and Communications Department Office in the Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek. Please include your contact information (phone and email address).
- Send or drop off your completed application forms and all supporting materials to:
Kellogg Community College
C/O Dr. Gerald J. Case-Blanchard
Music Department Scholarship Auditions
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017