BOARD OF TRUSTEES SCHOLARSHIPS
The KCC Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for the Fall 2022 through Spring 2023 semesters. The priority deadline for most scholarships is March 1, 2022. For assistance, contact the KCC Foundation at 269-965-4161 or [email protected].
Graduating high school seniors within the Kellogg Community College district are eligible to participate in the Board of Trustees Scholarship Program. This scholarship program is a unique, cohort-based program that supports your academic endeavors while also providing customized leadership and development experiences paired with individualized connections with KCC faculty and staff.
The Board of Trustees Scholarship Program awards up to $3,500 for one academic year and can be renewed for a second year at KCC if the recipient maintains program eligibility and scholarship responsibilities (see below). Acceptance of this scholarship nullifies all other scholarship offers from the KCC Foundation.
All scholarships are given equal consideration by a scholarship committee appointed by the KCC Foundation. This committee will review the applicant’s academic records, school and community service activities and volunteer experiences. They may also choose to conduct personal interviews. At the completion of the review process, the committee will nominate one graduating senior from each eligible high school. Financial need is not a criterion for the Board of Trustees Scholarship.
Board of Trustee Scholarship applicants must:
- Have an admission application on file with the KCC Admissions Office (be sure to allow a few days for Admissions to process the application). A KCC ID number is required to submit a scholarship application. If you are currently a dual-enrolled student, you will need to apply for admission to KCC.
- Be graduating in the same academic year as application submission (a 2022 graduate) from one of the following area schools/districts:
- Battle Creek Academy
- Battle Creek
- Calhoun Christian
- Calhoun Community
- Harper Creek
- Marshall Academy
- St. Philip Catholic Central
- Union City
- Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership experience, school involvement, community service activity and volunteerism.
The application for the 2022-23 academic year opened on Dec. 13, 2021, and is available until midnight March 1, 2022.
- Visit Academic Works to apply.
- When finished filling out the application, click submit at the bottom and make sure your application is complete. This will submit your application for consideration for all the scholarship opportunities you are eligible for.
- Click the “Opportunities” tab at the top of the page and see if there are any additional recommended scholarships. If there are, complete those additional questions to be considered for even more scholarships.
Second-Year Board of Trustee Renewals
Board of Trustees Scholarship recipients who would like to renew their scholarship for a second year must complete a scholarship application by March 1, 2022.